The end of the year is approaching and now is a great time to squeeze in any unfinished dental treatment (especially before your insurance resets.) If dental implants have been on your wish list but you’re still uncertain about them, we’ve come up with a few dental implant FAQs to help you make the best decision.
- How Many Appointments Does Dental Implant Treatment Require?
- It usually takes two appointments to complete the implant installation. At your first appointment the implant screw will be installed. In 3-6 months after the bone has fused around the implant, a crown will be seated on top of it.
- Will I be Able To Eat Right Away?
- Once the crown is installed, you’ll be able to eat right away. The implant will function as a natural tooth, so you can go back to enjoying your favorite foods.
- How Do I Take Care Of Dental Implants?
- Continue brushing and flossing as usual. You do want to use a soft bristle brush so you don’t end up irritating the gum tissue around your implant. We will also go over proper care steps with you once the implant is complete.
- How Long Will The Implant Last?
- Your dental implant can last a lifetime if your gums are healthy. Regular checkups and cleanings will help you keep the supporting bone tissues strong enough to stabilize the implant in the years ahead. We recommend a visit every six months.
These are just a few questions our dental implant patients tend to ask. If you have anything else you would like to know, contact Kennesaw Mountain Dental Associates and we’ll be happy to help.